12 Quotes by Betty White That Inspire You to Never Give up on Life and Yourself
She is the queen of sass and you can't have enough of her.
She is a well-renowned American actress with a diverse filmography and career. She has entertained generations for decades now with her witty sense of humor which she still wears as her crown. Best known for her comedic work, Betty White will always be remembered for the roles she played in The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Golden Girls and Hot in Cleveland. She was conferred with the title for "Longest TV Career for an Entertainer" back in 2014 for her 70-year long career in the entertainment industry. She is also the oldest person to earn an Emmy nomination.
Not just an entertainer and an actress, White is also a dedicated animal activist, humanitarian, and a hopeless romantic. She has devoted a significant part of her life to support and empower those who do not have a voice. During WWII she decided to put her career on hold for a while and join the American Women’s Voluntary Services, reports Goalcast.
Since she has always amused and inspired us with her witty one-liners and inspirational anecdotes, here are 12 quotes from the legendary actress that would urge you to never lose your spark, come what may.
1. "If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
2. "Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They aren't going to get rid of me that way."
3. "I just laugh. Have I got them fooled?"
4. "I may be a senior, but so what? I’m still hot."
5. "Why do people say 'grow some balls'? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding."
6. "It is important that you not believe your own publicity. Be grateful for whatever praise you receive, but take it with a grain of salt."
7. "Mind your own business, take care of your affairs, and don’t worry about other people so much."
8. "There’s no formula. Keep busy with your work and your life. You can’t become a professional mourner. It doesn’t help you or others. Replay the good times. Be grateful for the years you had."
9. "Friendship takes time and energy if it’s going to work. You can luck into something great, but it doesn’t last if you don’t give it proper appreciation."
10. "I'm a big cockeyed optimist. I try to accentuate the positive as opposed to the negative."
11. "I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It’s that simple.
12. "I have no regrets at all. None. I consider myself to be the luckiest old broad on two feet."