You don't need a long story to feel your feet grow cold, just two sentences are enough.
You don't have to drive a fast car or go on a roller coaster ride to feel the adrenaline rush that you crave sometimes. A good and creepy horror story can do the job for you.
When it comes to horror, you don't always need jump scares or a head peeping to catch a glimpse of you when you're alone, the mere fact that the cup of tea you left behind is empty by the time you came back from the other room, is enough to send chills down your spine, right? It's the little things which are the scariest.
Here is a compilation of classic two-sentenced horror stories for you that leave your head messed up for the whole night. Get ready to feel the hair at the back of your neck as you go through these.
Also, did we tell you that some believe when you feel the chill on your neck, it's a sign that someone's around? And we're not talking about the living...
1. "My sister says that mommy killed her. Mommy says that I don't have a sister."
2. "You hear your mom calling you into the kitchen. As you are heading down the stairs you hear a whisper from the closet saying, 'Don't go down there, honey. I heard it too.'"
3. "I awoke to the sound of the baby monitor crackling with a voice comforting my firstborn child. As I adjusted to a new position, my arm brushed against my wife, sleeping next to me."
4. "My daughter won't stop crying and screaming in the middle of the night. I visit her grave and ask her to stop, but it doesn't help."
5. "After working a hard day, I came home to see my girlfriend cradling a child. I didn't know which was more frightening, seeing my dead girlfriend and stillborn child, or knowing someone broke into my apartment to place them there."
6. "I always thought my cat had a staring problem, she always seemed fixated on my face. Until one day I realized she was looking just behind me."
7. "It's been watching me for hours now... sometimes I catch glimpses of it on my computer screen, but I dare not turn around."
8. I was video chatting and dropped my phone on the floor, as I picked it up my husband's face changed. He held his hands to his lips as if saying be quiet and to my horror, he wrote, 'There's a man under your bed.'"
9. "I would often gaze into her beautiful eyes. I wondered why they didn't rot as quickly as the rest of her."
10. "I scrubbed until the skin peeled off to wash away the stench of failure. My son screamed, 'I'm sorry mommy, next time I'll get an A.'"
11. "My wife woke me up last night to tell me there was an intruder in our house. She was murdered by an intruder 2 years ago."
12. "I have a friend named Charlie. I’m playing at his house but it’s cold down here in the basement, I wonder when Charlie will let me go home."
13. "I like to sing in the shower sometimes. When I got out of the last one, the fogged-up mirror read 'YOU HAVE A LOVELY VOICE' — I live alone."
14. "Nurse’s Note: Born 7 pounds 10 ounces, 18 inches long, 32 fully formed teeth. Silent, always smiling."
15. "Grandpa died smoking a cigar in his favorite chair. We got a new one but from the ash marks he leaves behind he has a new favorite chair."