On her 71st birthday, it's time to remember all that she has gone through and how she has come out stronger than before.
For a while now, our favorite Grease star Olivia Newton-John has been in the news for a heartbreaking reason — her battle with cancer. And she's been battling this disease for decades. Diagnosed with breast cancer in 1992, she's been doing her best to fight it for more than 25 years. Now, finally, the actress has revealed that she's not concerned with how many years she has left to live. However, today marks a special day. She survived one more year and September 26 being her 71st birthday is a testament to her strength and resilience.
And her quotes are just as much proof of that strength. Here are 20 quotes of Olivia Newton-John that shows just how she managed to live her life to the fullest despite her cancer.
1. "My biggest mistake was my best lesson... you don't learn anything when everything is going perfectly."
2. "I believe love is what makes the world go round. No matter how old or young, love is why we are here. It is the very essence of one's being."
3. "I love that quiet time when nobody's up and the animals are all happy to see me."
4. “My cancer scare changed my life. I'm grateful for every new, healthy day I have. It has helped me prioritize my life.”
5. “To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn't hurt.”
6. "Fight each round take it on the chin. And never never never ever give in."
7. "I don't know what my path is yet. I'm just walking on it."
8. “I love life and nothing intimidates me anymore.”
9. "I do have high standards, but I don't expect anything from anyone that I don't expect from myself."
10. "We wake up and are grateful for the day. Not taking away from the pain, because the pain will be there. But you live on."
11. "There's a balance in my life. There's reality, and there's the part that looks really glamorous, but we're all just people in the end."
12. "I've been through cancer, divorce, loss and bereavement, but they are things most humans go through."
13. "I'm happy, and I think being happy keeps you looking young."
14. “I look at my cancer journey as a gift: It made me slow down and realize the important things in life and taught me to not sweat the small stuff.”
15. "Grease changed my life in the most amazing way, and I've had such an amazing life. When things go wrong, you've got to believe you will get through them and focus on the positive things in your life."
16. "My memories are inside me - they're not things or a place - I can take them anywhere."
17. "You never know what the future holds, so I am just enjoying being happy, healthy, and having my wonderful husband by my side."
18. “I keep a diary when I have time to. I always know that I'm either having a great time or I'm very busy when there are three weeks of nothing in my diary. But I like to look back because in ten years to the day I can know where I was and what I was doing, and that's a nice feeling.”
19. "To 'be loved' is the most basic of human needs. Like a flower, it waters the human soul. But 'to love' is a true blessing."
20. “Cancer got me over unimportant fears, like getting old.”
Happy birthday, Olivia!