We may not always know what we want from our relationships, but we might be taking inspiration from our favorite celebs.
Different people have different expectations from their romantic relationships. Some seek adventure, some security, some find a friend in their partner, others find a deep connection that can't be replicated ever again. We might think we need something specific from a partner but might surprise ourselves. For instance, many people might think that they want security from their partner but might end up with someone completely opposite.
Our favorite celebrity couple might hold some answers to what we want in our relationship. We might be inspired by how their relationship has grown and how they have personally progressed too. We might want a similar trajectory for our relationships as well. If you want to find out what you want from your partner, pick one of the celebrity couples here:
If you picked:
1. Richard Gere and Alejandra Silva: You want a love that is open and flexible. You don't see boundaries like age, race, ethnicity, or gender. You want a gentle and sweet partner who cares about the world, just like you. Your ideal relationship is one where both partners are honest with each other. They look out for each other and want to enjoy as much time together as possible. Together, you want to go on new adventures. However, it is possible that the two of you are not always on the same page. Communication is key but as is setting mutual goals.
2. Sylvester Stallone and Jennifer Flavin: You want a relationship that becomes the foundation of your life. You want it to center you. It makes you a better person and stable. Perhaps, you have had a bumpy time before this and are craving for stability from your partner. A no-drama relationship where both partners are equal is what you want. Both partners receive equal respect and you perhaps think of yourself as a power couple too. However, it is possible that one of the partners starts feeling suffocated so balance is important.
3. Pierce Brosnan and Keely Shaye Smith: You are looking for love that will heal. Not like Madonna's Sexual Healing, but one of the soul. You want a partner who would support you and be gentle with you. They would be the bandage for your emotional wounds. Perhaps, it starts off as a friendship and then blossoms into love. Maybe, you knew each for a long time and never saw the other as a romantic potential until something changed. What you want from your relationship is nurture. However, you don't want to be coddled so it is important to give space.
4. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: You are each other's rock. You are a power couple, who also knows how to be vulnerable and open. Together, you are unstoppable and you are ready to go against the norm. You are not afraid of taking risky chances as long as both of you are beside each other. You want a love that never gives up on each other. You may have faced extreme hardships together and come out of it smiling. However, one partner can become more ambitious than the other. It is important to keep the lines of communication open. After all, you're taking risks for a better future together not just for yourself.
5. Meryl Streep and Don Gummer: You are looking for friendship in your relationship. It may have happened that your friend became your partner just like in the romcoms. Maybe, one of you went through a tragedy or any kind of difficulty where the other was there to lend a shoulder of support or even to rescue you. You trust your partner deeply and together you have created a beautiful future. You value humor and spending time together, even when the two of you are busy. Your love may be one of the calmest ones.
6. Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso: You seek a passionate love, which may have been based on physical attraction initially. It is possible that you found love at first sight but it was also lasting love. It's possible that you are still with your high school or college sweetheart. You gave your heart away once and completely. There was no turning around for you because that is how resolutely the two of you felt for each other. You might be parents to a couple of children and are looking forward to growing old together. However, you might have to work at forming a deeper connection than the mutual attraction.
7. Liam Neeson and Natasha Richardson: You want a love that lasts for an eternity. You want someone who prioritizes you and treats you like a princess. While your relationship may have started under difficult circumstances, both of you have learned to lean on each other. Both of you realize that you will never need anyone else in your life. Even if one was to die, the other partner would not seek company in another romantic partner because they gave all of themselves to one person and one person only. There can be no replacement for that love. You might want to ensure that both your intensity doesn't become too much to handle.Disclaimer : This article is for your entertainment / infotainment purposes.