"His heart was racing, his brain was moving faster than he could form words, he tried saying his vows to me but was unable to think," she wrote.
Trigger Warning: This story mentions consumption of drugs that may be disturbing to readers.
Weddings are meant to be a joyous affair, but this particular one was far from that because someone's idea of fun was to drug the groom on his big day, so much so that he couldn't even speak properly!
In a video shared to raise awareness of the graveness of the issue, the bride said that her husband's drink was spiked and it left him in a very bad condition. "SHARING THIS VIDEO COULD HELP PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING TO YOUR DAUGHTER, MOTHER, SON, OR FRIEND! @NightCap #nightcappartner #coveryourdrink #savealife #prevention #brandybillywedding," the woman took to TikTok to share.
The video shows the groom, Billy, struggling to get his words out. He kept taking deep breaths as Brandy tries to comfort him, but she was very scared that he was going to "pass out."
Brandy, from Kentucky, then wrote as text on the video that she shared his emotional story of "having his drink spiked with crushed Adderall" to raise "awareness to the fatal consequences."
@brandy_billy SHARING THIS VIDEO COULD HELP PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING TO YOUR DAUGHTER, MOTHER, SON, OR FRIEND! @NightCap #nightcappartner #coveryourdrink #savealife #prevention #brandybillywedding ♬ Love Me Like You Do - Elena Gray
She then stated that her husband was checked by a medical professional and he thankfully made a full recovery. However, the incident spoilt their big day and left them with so much trauma. She was anxious that he would faint and fall down the mountain.
"His heart was racing, his brain was moving faster than he could form words, he tried saying his vows to me but was unable to think," she wrote. "His emotions [were] heightened."
Brandy revealed that people at the wedding intentionally mixed alcohol and Adderall "in order to party harder and longer," and they spiked the drinks of almost all the guests there, thinking the drugs would help keep them up all night.
They realized what had happened when Billy was tested for drugs. The person responsible was located and "dealt with" after an investigation by the Parkside Resort in Tennessee.
Adderall is basically a stimulant drug used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in both adults and children. Although there hasn't been much research on how the medication interacts with alcohol, issues could arise, according to WebMD.
It impairs coordination, vision, and reaction time and can lead to alcohol poisoning, nausea, and dehydration. Combining these substances occasionally has the potential to result in strokes and seizures.
Brandy ended the video with a "f**k you" to the culprit for "causing such trauma to my family."
Below the video, several people recounted their personal stories of what happened when they combined the two substances. One user commented, "I did this in college (my own prescription) & it was the worse. I thought I was gonna die - I’m so mad this happened to y’all on your wedding."
It really is scary, isn't it? So glad things went okay!
Cover Image Source: TikTok | @brandy_billy