A full moon on Halloween will cause many cosmic shifts.
What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Halloween? Vampires, werewolves, zombies, and goblins marching through the streets in the dead of the night with an eerie light behind them making their silhouettes spookier.
However, not every Halloween has a full moon to light up the neighborhood. A full moon on Halloween isn't a common phenomenon, and that's precisely why the phrase "once in a Blue moon" comes from. According to Farmers Almanac, the rare Halloween blue moon won't appear blue, but it's named so because it takes place only once in 19 years. This pattern is known as the Metonic Cycle.
The lunar cycle was discovered by the Greek mathematician and astronomer Meton of Athens in 432 BC. Meton claimed that after every 19 years, the full moon phase will be seen on the same date. However, that's not always true. With the slight variation in the moon's orbit and the number of leap days that mediate over 19 years, the Metonic Cycle can be accurate only within a day.
With that said, did you know that the full moon can be the best time to open your soul to the cosmos? And now that it will fall on Hallow's Eve, you can connect with your loved ones who've passed one in a deeper way. It is believed that this phase of the moon opens a different portal, and so it is possible that the ones who've moved on to the other world can communicate with us This could explain why The Day of the Dead or El Día de Los Muertos is celebrated by the Mexicans on November 2, when they welcome the deceased relatives for a brief celebration.
Many believe that in the next few days, you will feel more emotional and in touch with your deeper feelings. It will also be the time for your dreams to get more vivid and mystical.
Many have noticed that ones dreams get a tad bit bizarre around the full moon. According to psychologist Richard Wiseman, the reason could be the altered level of the sleep-inducing hormone melatonin, reported The Daily Mail.
After conducting an experiment on 1,000 volunteers, he found out that, "Someone might dream that they are flying on a dragon, then get off the dragon and go and have a cup of coffee with George Clooney. Some people dreamt they were superheroes."
"They thought they were Batman or Superman, fighting crime. Whereas most dreams were very pedestrian, things like being in the office all day, typing," he added.
In his book, Night School, he also concluded that during full moons, we tend to take longer to sleep and when we do, we either slumber for 20 minutes less than usual or end up having a very disturbed sleep throughout.
Another theory suggests that the reason we sleep lightly on full moon nights could be related to our ancestors. It is possible that the pre-historic human beings would have been more alert of predators that make use of the brighter moonlight for hunting. This would also have been the time where our ancestors hunted. It is said that our ancestors are more likely to hear our prayers and guide us around the full moon.
Full Moon is also the time used for self-introspection and healing. It is believed that this time helps in getting rid of all the negative thoughts and moving forward with courage and certainty. Considering that the coming full moon also happens on Halloween, the cosmic impact can be felt by many, but especially those who are drawn to nature and mysticism.
Here are a few things that can help you achieve it:
1. Take time to be alone, write down your thoughts, feelings, concerns, or fears that you might have. Putting it down on paper or even your phone can give you clarity.
2. Ask the Universe or God/Goddess for guidance. Don't forget to listen to your intuition. The answer is often closer to you than you realize.
3. Pay attention to your dreams. Note them down in the morning and try to decode them, understand what they might be trying to say to you. Forget trying to be factual and go with your instinct. What makes sense for you and what feels right matters more than finding objective outputs at this point.
4. Pray for blessings and guidance from your ancestors and loved ones who have passed on.
5. Spend time in nature, bask in the moonlight, charge some moon water, light candles, and get comfortable to spend time alone and in silence. You deserve it.
6. Talk and share with your heart out with your soul sisters. Women feel nurtured and charged up in each other’s presence.
As you prepare for Halloween, make time for contemplation and receiving signs from souls that are looking out for you.